How Much Money Can You Make Podcasting?
Everything you need to create a successful podcast is at the School of Podcasting. JOIN TODAY
This is **t a post to brag (as there are people who Make LOTS more Money than I do podcasting) but to answer a question I get frequently. How Much Money can I Make as a podcaster? To this I say, the more you put in, the more you get out. You do need the following:

1. A profitable niche.

I’ve done a podcast for musicians for 8 years. Have you ever heard the phrase “Starving artist?” apparently there is a reason for that. We k**w that Americans spend LOTS of Money on weight loss industry items. Consequently, one of my most profitable podcasts is my Logical Weight Loss podcast.

2. You need to k**w your audience. You do this via email, voice mail, comments, meetups, etc.

3. You do need an audience. My smallest audience is my Weekly Web Tools (about 200 downloads) but the people who listen LOVE it.

My two least profitable podcasts are Feeding my Faith, and the Marketing Musician podcast. I would also **te that these are the two podcasts with the least reliable publishing schedule. Those podcasts are “Do as I say – **t as I do.” With only 24 hours in the day, I fail to meet my projected weekly schedule. I plan on doing Marketing Musician twice a month. Likewise the “Podcast review show” is done on a “as needed basis” as the reviews are ordered. I should pick some podcasts to review to keep the podcast more consistent.

With this in mind, I’m going to peel back my curtain and show you what I made in July 2012

Number of Downloads Per Show in July

School of Podcasting 24,929
Logical Weight Loss: 9,855
Marketing Musician: 1578
Jillian Michaels Podcast: 1089
Weekly Web Tools: 796
Building a Better Dave 602
More Podcast Money 486
Feeding My Faith 159
Power of Podcasting 459

Total downloads 39,918

Affiliate Marketing

Amazon: $86.91

davidjackson.org: $8.48
Jillian Michaels Podcast $1.91
Logical Weight Loss $25.32
More Podcast Money $1.64
School of Podcasting $47.94
Support This Show $1.62

Host Gator (School of Podcasting): $500
Jillian Michaels Website (linkshare): $35
Weekly Web Tools (clickbank.com): $33.54
Logical Weight Loss (24 hour fitness) $5
Audible (Jillian Michaels) $333

Total Affiliate Income $988.45

Donations

Tip 5: $4.50
Logical Weight Loss $25

Total Donations $29.5

Sales of Products

Podcast Review Show $19.99
Consulting: $259
Membership Sites: $314.77
Audio Editing: $81
Book Royalties $20.24
Web Hosting $4
Total Product Sales $683.01

Total Income: $1,730.46

davidjackson.org: $8.48
Marketingmusician.com $8.50
Logical Weight Loss $50.32
School of Podcasting $654.77
More Podcast Money $21.88
Weekly Web Tools: $34.54
Jillian Michaels $369.91
Support This show $1.62
Feeding My Faith $0
Building a Better Dave $0

Expenses

Blubrry Hosting $12
Libsyn Media Hosting $45
Web Hosting: $15
Paypal $35.73

Total Expenses $107.73

Net Income $1622.73

Mentioned on the Show

If you’d like to Make more Money with your podcast check out my book More Podcast Money at Amazon.com

Use Audible as a “sponsor” of your show sign up here

Listen to my audible tips here

Emember Membership script

Wishlist Membership Plugin

Digital Access Pass is the plugin I use at the School of Podcasting

2 Comments - Read what others are saying about this post...

Recent Comment

August Podcasting Income « More Podcast Money

[...] Income: $759.79 Previous Month [...]

Much Money Make Podcasting? reply_icon.pngReply this comment

Read more comments...

Related Posts:

Much Money Make Podcasting? facebook.pngMuch Money Make Podcasting? twitter.pngMuch Money Make Podcasting? digg.pngMuch Money Make Podcasting? stumble.pngMuch Money Make Podcasting? gplus.png

Copyright © 2012 School of Podcasting - Learn How To Podcast with Podcast Coach Dave Jackson. All rights reserved.
Take a tour of the School of PodcastingThe post How Much Money Can You Make Podcasting? appeared first on School of Podcasting - Learn How To Podcast with Podcast Coach Dave Jackson.
المصدر: Forums

How Much Money Can You Make Podcasting?