Are You Making These Podcasting Mistakes? – The Dates From Hell Story
Everything you need to create a successful podcast is at the School of Podcasting. JOIN TODAY
While I **rmally show and tell you how to start a podcast the correct way, today I’m going to tell you how I started a podcast on a dare and it taught me some valuable lessons.

Here is what we did right:

1. We got some cool album art
2. We got an easy to use domain name (datesfromhellshow.com – ** longer active)
3. We hired a cool voice guy to do the intro
4. We found some cool music to kick it off
5. He put systems in place (like voicemail) to interact with our audience.

Here is What We Did Wrong:

1. We didn’t have a reliable source of content.
2. We started the podcast **t based on our passon but based on a dare, and the intention of Making money.
3. We had a promotional plan that basically was spam. We didn’t promote at all.
4. Our goal was to get people to sign up for dating sites, but out content scared them away

So we didn’t have any content, and our listeners were too scared to join our recommended dating sites. We had ** promotion strategy (and you need to promote your podcast). When the fun of having a new podcast wore off, there was ** passion, ** listeners, ** money, and in the end – ** podcast. We did four episodes, and quit.

Podcasting Resources Open as we rebuild That Section

I have a good news bad news situation with the School of Podcasting Podcast Resource Section. I had one person say, “The good news is it has everything. The bad news is it has everything. ” So I have gone through andredeisgned it (a work in progress). While I’m building it, I’m **t protecting it. If you want to see it go to http://www.schoolofpodcasting.com/newresources

Bonus Content

I’m doing osmething I’ve never done (you k**w me I like to play with stuff). So if you buy the School of Podcasting iPhone or Android App, you will get the first episode of the Dates From Hell show (which is **t available anywhere).
School of Podcasting – Android App

Making These Podcasting Mistakes? Dates ir?t=sop-20&l=as

School of Podcasting iPhone App

Be the first to comment...

Related Posts:

Making These Podcasting Mistakes? Dates facebook.pngMaking These Podcasting Mistakes? Dates twitter.pngMaking These Podcasting Mistakes? Dates digg.pngMaking These Podcasting Mistakes? Dates stumble.pngMaking These Podcasting Mistakes? Dates gplus.png

Copyright © 2012 School of Podcasting - Learn How To Podcast with Podcast Coach Dave Jackson. All rights reserved.
Take a tour of the School of PodcastingThe post Are You Making These Podcasting Mistakes? – The Dates From Hell Story appeared first on School of Podcasting - Learn How To Podcast with Podcast Coach Dave Jackson.
المصدر: Forums

Are You Making These Podcasting Mistakes? – The Dates From Hell Story