After honest opinions or advice please. I have a TB on share, responded to an ad 4yrs ago expecting to be told I was too novice for this youngster who was OTT and needing full retraining. But I got on well with the owner who has a second OTTTB a little further along in training. So we gayly proceeded and it’s been a good partnership. Work takes me away often (hence no horse of my own), but so does owner’s, so we are supportive of each other. I ride about 3times a week, I have taken horse to clinics and the beach, camps and rallies. It’s been fun and I’ve learned so much. He is NOT an easy horse, but it’s always been a very therapeutic relationship. About 18mths ago, owner moved in with boyf and rented out her house. She also moved boys to a new yard which is lovely with great facilities. It’s now about a 70min drive for me, each way. I currently pay £200/m for the share. I also have one lesson a week at £40/hr. I spend a lot on diesel driving to and from the yard, I’ve bought tack, rugs and gadgets etc over the years. Not to mention the time I spend in my car. Over the last 6mths or so, I’ve lost connection with this horse. He’s bratty and over attached to his mate. I’ve had serious trouble with napping and last week he reared during an argument and I came off, I injured, but it was a nasty shock. I’m not nervous around him, I know he’s trying (and succeeding) to dominate. He’s fine in the school, but takes real offence to going out alone with me. It’s my riding. No one else has any problem. He’s been checked for all sorts. Owner is away til next month, but poopooed suggestions that he’s in pain or unwell. I can’t do anything with that. Thing is, I’m just not into it now. I don’t want to pay the best part of £500/m for a fight that takes up all my time. Like I said, I used to love this, I NEEDED it, but now it makes me pretty resentful. I’m starting to feel like it’s not fair on the horse either. She’s paying someone else to ride her other horse at the moment. I don’t have a written contract, but I don’t know how to approach this. I’m an adult, so I should be able to have a grown up conversation. But the owner is quite domineering, and she’ll tell me I’m being weak, followed up with having to sell the horse due to finances. This feels like it’s kind of a break up with a guy that’s just not right for me...so I guess I’m asking for relationship guidance!!

أكثر...
المصدر: Forums

WWYD? Share gone sour>>>