Apologies, this may be long...My boy had resections for seedy toe late last year. It was awful, he reacted really badly and was lame for over 2 months. Sometime after that he just didn't feel quite right when ridden on the road but he was passed as sound by the vet. I pushed for X-rays which revealed poor medial-lateral Foot balance. I suspect this happened when the resections were done and the lameness at that time was due to the sudden change in balance. This is just my gut feeling, we didn't X-ray at the time so I can't be sure.Anyway, it was agreed that the farrier would alter the balance over 3 shoeing cycles and then we'd X-ray again. After the first cycle he immediately felt better. After the 2nd cycle he felt not quite right for a few days but then improved & felt great again. Toward the end of that cycle & just before the 3rd shoeing we did an unaff dressage test where he came 2nd and then 2 days later we went XC schooling where he felt 100%. I hacked him quietly in walk the following day to stretch out any aches and he felt great. The vet came the next day to do X-rays before he was shod for the 3rd cycle. As soon as I pulled him out the stable I knew he was lame. He trotted up lame and we realised he had a very loose shoe. Although the X-rays showed he still had poor m-l balance the most likely cause of the lameness was attributed to the loose shoe. He had a couple of days off and then was ridden quietly in walk for a few days. He seemed fine but after introducing trot he became lame again. Vet came back out & we agreed to nerve block.He blocked to his Foot and didn't switch so we are now confident it's in the Foot and isolated to just the one. I gave him 10 days off, popped him on the lunge and he was sound. I walked him for a couple of days, checked him on the lunge again and still sound. Today I rode him up the road, had a quick test trot to see how he felt. He didn't feel right. I came home and popped him on the lunge & he's lame again.I feel at a loss & will be calling the vet again on Monday but obviously I'm obsessing over what could be causing this in the meantime!! This lameness has been on/off over the course of 5 weeks now, could it be bruising from the loose shoe still??? Is it possible that the roadwork was just too soon and has aggravated the bruising (if that's indeed what it is!!) I guess my real fear is that the balance issues have caused ligament damage in the hoof itself, not sure how that would manifest itself symptom wise though? Sorry, it did turn out to be quite long! Any thoughts or experiences welcome, I'm feeling so cr*p right now. This horse means the absolute world to me and after spending last year rehabbing from a suspensory injury this all seems so unfair :((

أكثر...
المصدر: Forums

Foot lameness