So i was helping a friend out today who was competing in a working hunter class. And as tends to happen at shows i got talking to alot of other horesy people some whom i know in passing some friends . And while talking about our horses and our plans for the rest of the summer it seems to always come up "when are you going to do some jumping?" I personally only compete at Dressage at novice/elementary level, i used to jump a few years ago but lost interest as i was never any good at it and just had the itch for dressage. I know these people mean no harm but it seems that because of my lack of interest in jumping whether it be showjumping or hunting im viewed as less of a capable horsewoman, like im missing a string to my bow or something people make comments like, " maybe when you get a bit more confidence you,ll have a go?" or " its easy for you! you should try jumping a big course of fences and see how you fair" etc I respect that jumping is a difficult testing sport and it something i personally have no talent for , but i think Dressage can be equally as challenging and difficult, just like any equestrian sport ! This may have a lot to do with that i live in the midlands of ireland where Dressage is not near as common as other disciplines. But i would like to hear some perspective form people who compete where Dressage is more popular Do you ever feel like Dressage has the stigma of being easier or less hardwork than jumping disciplines? Or do i just keep the wrong company lol

أكثر...
المصدر: Forums

Dressage stigma ??