My horse is a 24 year old warmblood who injured his Check ligament on Christmas day! After scanning he was found to have around 1/6 Of it remaining. He went through daily laser treatment for 3 weeks and due to not coping on box rest he was then turned out 24/7. He went through a good patch for a couple of months but has been looking a bit off for a couple of weeks. He's on a daily sachet of danilon and won't touch bute. He's having one dinner a day of top spec lite but due to recent loose droppings is also on a gut balancer. His feet are looking awful lately (barefoot since feb) and I've been told they will get worse before they get better as he's always been shod. His soles are very flat and aren't looking too healthy. I'm wondering if his feet are contributing to him looking uncomfortable. He's overweight as he's a good doer but is on sparse grazing and obviously is in no work which isn't helping the ligament issues. He's been looking uncomfortable on and off and I can't pin point what's going on. His veteran insurance won't cover tendons and ligaments and my spending has gone well over £1000. I have called my farrier and he's having physio tomorrow to see what's going on but if these don't help I will obviously call the vet again. I wonder if I'm feeding the best feed, if danilon is ok long term and if anyone has any suggestions for weight loss? Sorry for the essay!

أكثر...
المصدر: Forums

Check ligamentLdanilonLbarefoot