So this is the day it all goes swimmingly. I don;t get lost.... I don't make any silly errors and Amber is angelic? Right? Er sadly not. Another cricket score...... BUT BUT there were quite a lot of positives to take away:1) I REMEMBERED MY DRESSAGE TEST!!!!!! Woop woop. First time EVER. Very pleased.2) My test score of 38.5 was disappointing but actually the winning test was only 29.8 and there were several in the 40s so I think our judge was not overly generous. I probably placed higher than normal this time in the dressage. It's coming!!3) 4 sj faults BUT she was more rideable so the round felt better than the clear at Speetley which was a bit lucky to be fair. I'd rather have a good round with an unlucky 4 than a seat-of-your-pants round with a lucky clear. I am still nowhere near troubling the sharp end of the leader board so how we go is more important than what we score.So I was heading into XC on 42.5There were very few double clears and LOADS of XC eliminations. So finishing on that would have been great. Surely my XC machine can jump a fairly straightforward track. And surely I won't get lost again????Wrong on both counts. A silly run out at a skinny for 20 faults. And an infuriating SatNav error to lose about 30 seconds on the course. GrrrrrrrrStill the best bit was hearing the commentator say lovely things about Amber during the round. Even used the words 'talent' and 'potential'. One day I will ride this amazing horse properly and we will FLY!

أكثر...
المصدر: Forums

Stafford BE80T report