i have been reading up on half halts and i didn't realize there was so much to them! my naivety and lack of experience . I found this in a H&H article and it really made me think. At the moment to try and get my horse round i use leg, and check check inside rein,then check the outside rein... and then we have no roundness lol so it is rather pointless lolI have never thought of holding a check for three seconds- the below sounds very different to what i am doing and makes a lot of sense. Does this actually work for anyone?10. How to ride the connecting half halt:A. First, close both calves as if you’re squeezing toothpaste out of a tube to create that surge of power from behind. (You’ll only be using your legs as your driving aids at this point. I’m purposely leaving the seat out for now to keep things simple.)B. Next, close your outside hand (rein of opposition) in a fist to capture, contain, and recycle the energy back to the hind legs.C. Finally, give three little squeezes and releases on the inside rein to keep the neck straight. (If you don’t use your inside hand, your horse will bend his neck to the outside because your outside hand is closed in a fist for so long.)D. After three seconds, soften everything . Go back to the light, maintenance pressure of legs and hands you had in the beginning before you gave the half halt.Read more at https://www.horseandhound.co.uk/dres...K8yrHBoM.99Can anyone recommend a website which actually lists types of half halts in this step by step way.

أكثر...
المصدر: Forums

half halts< roundness