American has new Zoës Kitchen food for sale items on the menu in coach for February – March. Here’s what’s on the menu — and the (4) ways to get free drinks or snacks on American:
- All passengers in Main Cabin Extra (extra legroom coach) get complimentary alcoholic beverages
- ConciergeKey and Executive Platinum members receive a complimentary alcoholic beverage (wherever they’re seated) and a complimentary meal or snack item.
- AAirpass members receive complimentary 2 alcoholic beverages (wherever they’re seated) and a complimentary meal or snack item. An AAirpass member with a companion can each have one alcoholic beverage and one meal or snack item.
- Barclays Aviator Silver cardmembers get a $25 per day inflight food and beverage statement credit.
Flights over 2 hours or 700 miles sell snacks.
Flights over 3 hours or 1100 miles sell:
- Breakfast: 5 a.m. to 9:45 a.m.
- All Day Offerings: 9:46 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
The salad jar doesn’t look bad at all, we’ll see what it’s actually like on the plane.
— American Airlines (@AmericanAir) January 31, 2020
I find that American doesn’t provision enough food for sale. I’ve heard them blame this on flight attendants not tracking sales and complimentary items properly. Regardless, on Wednesday I was in an exit row (14) and got the last chicken wrap. My seat opponent wanted one and was told none were left. The entire back half of hte cabin was out of luck if they wanted chicken wraps.
American lets coach passengers pre-order meals for purchase up to 24 hours prior to flight. It’s a good idea to pre-order and you aren’t actually billed until to buy on the plane.
More From View from the Wing