The third of three annual college basketball preview magazines – Street and Smith’s college basketball preview – is now available on newsstands.
(Previously: Indiana picked to finish 9th in Big Ten by Athlon Sports and Indiana picked to finish 10th in Big Ten by Lindy’s Sports)
Here are some notes on Indiana and the Big Ten at-large from the annual publication. There is no regional cover this year featuring an IU player.
· Street and Smith’s predicts the order of finish in the Big Ten as follows: Michigan State, Maryland, Purdue, Iowa, Wisconsin, Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Illinois, Minnesota, Indiana, Rutgers, Nebraska, Northwestern.
· The Street and Smith’s All-Big Ten team is Cassius Winston (Michigan State), Lamar Stevens (Penn State), Zavier Simpson (Michigan), Anthony Cowan Jr. (Maryland) and Kaleb Wesson (Ohio State).
· The Street and Smith’s All-Big Ten newcomer team is Rocket Watts (Michigan State), D.J. Carton (Ohio State), Franz Wagner (Michigan), Patrick McCaffery (Iowa) and Jahaad Proctor (Purdue).
· In the Street and Smith’s preseason top 25, the Big Ten teams ranked are Michigan State (No. 1), Maryland (No. 6) and Purdue (No. 19).
· There are no Indiana non-conference opponents in the Street and Smith’s preseason top 25.
· Winston is a first team preseason All-American. Other first team All-Americans include: Isaiah Stewart (Washington), Charles Bassey (Western Kentucky), James Wiseman (Memphis) and Anthony Edwards (Georgia).
· Ohio State is listed as one of the “top five Final Four sleepers”.
Subscribe to Inside the Hall’s YouTube channel and like our page over on Facebook.
Filed to: Street and Smith’s