A dose of wood accents is the best way to add warmth and depth to your new home. Not only are they durable, they make a home cosy and liveable. Then, balance out the look with neutral-coloured focal points to avoid looking too heavy.
1. Strike a balance with varying wood grain, colour gradient and texture for a home full of character warmth. Yellow lights lend cosiness to the space.
Interior designer: 7 Interior Architecture
Location: Pinewood Gardens
2. White is the perfect complement to wood. Here, darker wood is used for the flooring, the ceiling is kept white, and the feature wall is sorted with uber light wood tones. Textural pieces like a shaggy rug or a pop of colour break the look.
Interior designer: Dan’s Workshop
Location: Punggol Drive
3. Avid book readers would appreciate this expertly designed, floor-to-ceiling bookshelf. White is once again employed to complement the wood, and the different heights of shelves create an illusion of a mezzanine level! Top it off with sculptural hanging lights.
Interior designer: 82
Location: King Albert Park Residences
4. Try separating similar wood tones with contrasting elements. In the study room, balance the look with full-height white blinds, a stylish white drawer and other home accessories.
Interior designer: Authors Interior & Styling
Location: Ang Mo Kio Street 44
5. A single piece can make all the difference. Here, a woody feature wall stretches across the common space, while wood accents are kept muted in the rest of the areas.
Interior Designer: Jubilee Interior
Location: Woodsville Close
6. Liven a Scandinavian home with a patterned feature wall that is visually-arresting. Splash pops of colour in the simplest ways such as wall decor, potted plants and fixtures.
Interior designer: Space Define Interior
Location: Corals at Keppel Bay
7. Incorporating so much wood is an option if your space has plenty access to natural light like this one. Tone down the harshness with textural furry rugs and off-white flooring.
Interior designer: Poetus
8. Neutral palettes such as white, grey and cream make great colour compliments to wood which also induces some cosiness! In the bedroom, add a cheeky touch like this illustrated (and framed) wallpaper – as pictured.
Interior designer: Flipside Design
Location: Ghim Moh Link
9. Go all out with dark wood tones if you have a spacious living area. Black, white and wood creates the perfect flow from one area to another!
Would you like wood accents in your home too?
Be it wood, marble or quartz, the right interior designer can create a cosy home for you. We can match you with 5 interior designers, based on your budget and style. Request for a quote here.
Want to see even more local home ideas? Download the Qanvast app here. Save your favourite images, discover new home products or simply read up on handy renovation tips to aid you on your renovation journey!
About Qanvast: Create a space you love today with Singapore’s first mobile platform. Qanvast (pronounced as ‘canvas’) connects homeowners to trusted home professionals. Browse for reviews, renovation prices and portfolios from interior designer firms in Singapore at your fingertips!