last season. A set of tasks is available to players each week, giving them experience points (XP) when completed. Points acquired increase a player’s tier level, which unlocks more content, especially if they have a season Battle Pass.ÂChapter 2 may be a refresh of the game, but the challenges are the same asÂ
The season is technically over, but developer Epic Games released multiple challenge sets Wednesday to tide players over until the start of season 2.Â
8-Ball vs. Scratch missions
Dance at Rainbow Rentals, Beach Bus, Lake Canoe
The three places players will need to visit for this challenge are all near water. The Rainbow Rental houses are southwest of Holly Hedges; the Beach Bus is just west of Steam Stacks; and the Lake Canoe is in the small body of water north of Retail Row. See the map below for exact locations.Â
Search the hidden gnome found between Fancy View, a wooden shack and a big house
This challenge would be tricky, but luckily there’s a map for players. Head to the location, a hill with yellow flowers all over it, and wander around a bit for the gnome to pop up.Â
Swim at two different ‘no swimming’ signs
There are four spots to find a “no swimming” sign. As you may’ve guessed, they’re right next to a place to swim. Pick the closet location to you on the map below and look for the sign to indicate the correct place to start swimming.Â
Visit mountain base camps
The base camps can be found in the snowy parts of the southeast part of the island. There are three of them, but only one is needed for the challenge. Check the map for the closest camp.Â
Here are the rest of the week’s challenges:
- Reach Battle Pass Tier 60.Â
- Complete “8-Ball Vs. Scratch” mission objectives.
- Earn three Bronze Battle Medals by getting eliminations in a match.Â
- Ring the doorbell of a house with an opponent inside in three different matches.
- Deal 75 damage with a Harpoon Gun to opponents.Â
- Gain Health or Shields in a bush.
- Bounce on three bouncy objects in different matches.
- Travel 100 meters while dancing.Â
Rippley vs. Sludge missions
Search the hidden gnome found in between Lodjam Woodworks, a wooden shack, and a bucket tree
Like in the earlier set of challenges, players will be on the hunt for a hidden gnome. The map below shows the location of the gnome. Look for tree roots in a swamp and it’ll be nearby. If you’re still having trouble, finish some other challenges first and then coming looking for the gnome as the challenge needs to be unlocked before it can be completed.Â
Here are the rest of the challenges:Â
- Reach Battle Pass Tier 50
- Complete ‘Rippley Vs. Sludge’ Mission Objectives
- Earn 3 Gold Scavenger Medals by searching chests, llamas, or supply drops
- Achieve AR Specialist Accolades in 3 different matches
- Land in a Named Location in 3 different matches
- Deal any damage with a placed Trap to an opponent
- Destroy 10 SLURP Barrels, SLURP Trucks, or SLURP SilosÂ
- Swim 50m in under 5sÂ
- Visit Lazy Lake and Slurpy Swamp in the same match while riding in a MotorboatÂ
- 5 Eliminations at Risky Reels, Fort Crumpet, or Hydro 16Â
- Catch a fish with a Fishing Rod, a Harpoon Gun, and an Explosive Weapon
Originally published on Jan. 15.Â
Update, Jan 16: Added Rippley vs. Sludge missions.