- Chandrayaan-2 will fly from Satish Dhawan Space Center of Sriharikota on July 15 at 2:51 PM
- It will land on the Moon's South Pole after a journey of 53 to 54 days and collect data for 14 days
- With the successful landing of Chandrayaan-2, India will be the fourth country in the world to reach the moon
- According to Expert Tarun Sharma, most likely to get water on the South Pole
Jul 12, 2019, 12:47 PM
new Delhi. Chandrayaan-2 will be the first such vehicle in the world, which will land on the southern pole of the Moon. Earlier, China's Chang'i-4 had landed a little distance from the South Pole. So far the field remains unknown to scientists. Due to being more shade than the rest of the moon, this area is more likely to have water in the form of ice. If Chandrayaan-2 is able to discover the ice on the southern pole of the moon, then there will be an increase in the possibility of humans making arrangements worth waiting for. Base camps can be built here. Also, the path of new discovery will open in space.
South Pole of the Moon: A place where there are big craters and the sun's rays can not reach
- If an astronaut is standing on the south pole of the moon, then it will be visible on the sun horizon line. It will be seen from the surface of the moon and shining. Sun rays fall on the southern pole. Because of this, the temperature is low here.
- Tarach Sharma, Training Incharge of Space India, points out that the part of the moon that comes in front of the sun, the temperature goes up to 130 degrees Celsius. Similarly, on the part of the moon which does not get sunlight, the temperature goes below 130 degree Celsius. Therefore, the temperature increases on the moon every day (14 days of the earth), but there is not much change in temperature in the south pole. This is the reason that the possibility of getting water there is the highest.
Chandrayaan-2 will open new pathways for space science
1) Searching for water and minerals
Chandrayaan-2 will try to find minerals like magnesium, calcium and iron on the southern pole of the moon. It will also collect data on the Moon's atmosphere and its history. But its most special mission will be to search for water or its signals. If Chandrayaan-2 finds the evidence of water here, then it will be a major step for space science. The sun's rays can not reach in the craters of the South Pole. Due to this, the deposit water can be similar to billions of years. It can be studied and given important information about the initial solar system.
2) The possibility of building base camps will be strong
Astronomy Expert Tarun Sharma explains that there is no water on the moon due to the absence of astronauts can not stay there for a long time. Chandrayaan-2 If the ice is found here, then this problem will end. Ice drinking water and oxygen can be arranged. Tarun says that water and oxygen will be arranged, then base camps will be built on the moon, where the researchers associated with the moon will be able to make preparations for other space-related missions.
3) Moon will be able to become a new launch pad in space
Tarun says that space agencies will be able to use Moon as a launch pad to reach Mars. Apart from this, whatever minerals will be here, they will be able to use them in future missions. This will reduce the cost of space missions. It will take less time for the moon to reach Mars. Similarly, for other planets, it will be easier to launch the mission.
4) Energy on the moon can be created
There is also a part in the south pole, which is neither too cold nor in the dark. Sun shines for 200 consecutive days in parts near the Shekelton Craters. Here, space scientists can get great help in research work. Here, scientists can supply energy using sun rays, which will be necessary for machines and other research.
US mission sent to South Pole in 2024
US space agency NASA is also preparing to move to the South Pole. In 2024 NASA will launch astronauts on this part of the Moon. According to a NASA report in April 2019, NASA sent astronauts here due to the possibility of having water on this undiscovered portion of the moon. According to the report, water is a very important resource for long-term research work on the moon. According to NASA, based on tests from orbits, we can say that there is snow on the southern pole of the moon and there may be many other natural resources here. Still, there is still a lot of information to be gathered about this part.