Guru Purnima or Vyas Purnima
On the day of Ashad full moon, Guru Purnima or Vyaas full moon is celebrated. This year Guru Purnima is coming on 16th July Tuesday. On the full moon day, Guru is worshiped. Their stages are worshiped. This day is worshiped not only as a guru but also the elderly of his family. Blessings are made especially by worshiping the feet of parents, older siblings, grandparents, grandparents and others.
Birthday of Krishna Dwarayan Vyas
Guru Purnima is also known as Vyaas Purnima, because on this day there is also the birthday of Krishna Dwyapayan Vyas, the architect of the Mahabharata. Maharishi Vyas is considered to be the father of all 18 myths along with Mahabharata. Vedavas are also called Adiguru, therefore Vedavas are worshiped on the day of Guru Purnima.
How To Guru Poojan
Guru Pujaan should be organized on the day of Guru Purnima with law and legislation. The worship of the living master should be present before him. In Guru Poojan, the steps of the master are mainly worshiped. For this, keeping the master's feet in a plate, they should wash with pure water, raw milk and then with water. Then take the steps out of the platter and wipe it with a clean cloth and put it on a clean red or yellow cloth. Then do step worship from Turmeric, Kumkum, Akshat, Flower etc. Must give a gift to the guru The master should never go empty-handed. The gift can be anything like garments, desserts, fruits, flowers etc., which is the devotion and ability of the disciple. After this, get blessings from the Guru.
Those disciples who have departed from this world worship their pictures. Offer food, clothes, etc. to the poor on the occasion of the gift. Those people whose gurus live in remote places and if it is not possible to go there, they can also worship their portrait.
What are the benefits
- Many benefits of Guru Purnima Puja can be seen directly in the life of the disciple.
- From Guru Poojan, the true path of life is paved.
- Spirituality develops. Jatak starts walking on the path of spirituality.
- From the Guru Poojan, the problems of mind and heart begin to dispel. Properties such as patience, patience and morality flourish.
- Many crises of life seem to be resolved automatically.
- On this day, the chants of mantras provided by the Guru must be done.