Does your favorite console game controller give you problem whenever you try connecting them to your PC or Mac? Well, you need to know about game controllers for efficient use.
In this post, we will show you different types of controller, and how to connect them to your computer.
On the other hand, USB Logitech controller is common among game lovers. It supports Direct Input Protocol. These controller works with most games.
Different Game Controllers For PCs, Macs And Linux
The game controllers that will be emphasized here works on Windows, Mac. However, it doesnâ€™t work with all Linux. Older controllers work best with an adapter.
- PS4 â€“ PS4 game controller works on Windows. They can be used with USB or wirelessly. An adapter is needed for a wireless connection. Dualshock controllers are supported on Mac OS. Itâ€™s your choice to use a wireless connection, or connected with USB support.
- DualShock 1 and 2 (PS1 and PS2) â€“ These controllers are old, they donâ€™t work with USB support. An adaptor is used for controllers like this. I recommend using DualShock 3. It is updated unlike DualShock 1 and 2. A wireless connection is also supported.
- DualShock 3 (PS3) â€“ A custom drive is needed to set up a connection on Windows. For Macs, a custom drive is not necessary. It is connected directly with USB support or Bluetooth.
- Xbox 360 â€“ This can be used with a USB support connected directly. An adaptor is needed for a wireless connection. Take note a wireless connection is unavailable on Mac OS. Use a custom drive for a wireless connection.
- Xbox One Controller â€“ Windows usually work with Xbox controllers without complications. Windows 10 users have the opportunity to update their controllers. A 360controller drive is needed for using this game controller. Bottom line, only USB connection is supported.
- Guitar Hero Controllers â€“ These controllers are not widely used. They come in different versions, most of them require an adapter. Also, they have different third parties. Standard XInput connection works best on most of these controllers.
Xbox One is complicated as it can only be used with extra softwares like a custom drive, and an adapter.
- Nintendo Switch Pro Controller: It works pretty easily â€“ All you need to do is connect via Bluetooth. It works on Windows and Mac OS. Make sure to set it up on steam.
Buy standard controllers to protect your computer from any harm, and easily paired.
Was this helpful?
Daniel Segun is a technology writer with over 5 years of experience. He loves to teach and inspire others. When he is not writing, heâ€™s probably busy developing websites. You can reach him here.