- Mayor Dr Ajay Tirkey announced the scheme in the city's municipal budget
- Initially, a provision of five lakh rupees for the Garbage CafÃ© Scheme was made
- Mayor said: – This will clean the city and message to people
Jul 16, 2019, 09:02 AM IST
Ambikapur The country's first garbage cafe scheme has been started in Ambikapur in Chhattisgarh. Under this, the Municipal Corporation will provide food for the poor and homeless people of the city in lieu of plastic. Under the campaign, a one kilogram of plastic carry bags will be brought on the street and full stomach breakfast will be provided on bringing a half kg plastic carry bag. It will be operated from the city's waiting bus stand.
A provision of Rs.5.5 lakhs has been made for the scheme in the Municipal Corporation presented on Monday. Whereas necessary help will be taken from the people's representatives. Mayor Dr. Ajay Tirki told that Ambikapur, which started the campaign under Garbage CafÃ©, will be the first city in the country. So far, no corporation has this arrangement.
Homeless people will be arranged to eat and live
Under the campaign, the city's poor and urban The homeless people will eat food for free. Not only this, there will also be arrangements for living with food for such people. This scheme is being linked to cleanliness campaign. Ambikapur is the second largest in the country in the Sanitation Campaign.
Claim – the first road in the state, made of plastic mixture, was made here
- Mayor Dr Ajay Tirki told that the corporation has already restricted plastic carry bags. By adding it to Garbage Cafe it will be implemented strictly. Under the campaign, a plastic carry bag is used to prepare the granules and use in the road with asphalt.
- The first road in the state has been made in the city by mixing 8 lakhs of plastic in the city. The road formed by the mixture of plastic is durable, because the water does not get in. They told that people will collect plastic and give it to the corporation. It will be used to build granules after making recyclables and making roads.