- Chandrayaan-2 was to be inaugurated at Saturn Dhawan Launching Pad-2 from Sriharikota on Sunday night at 2.51 pm
- After avoiding the launch, 50 ISRO scientists remained in the control room for 50 hours, check the data of 33 days of one-second.
- Scientists are preparing to launch Chandrayaan this month, although new date has not been announced
Jul 16, 2019, 12:00 PM IST
Sriharikota (Aniruddh Sharma, Satish Dhawan Space Center). Chandrayaan-2 was to be launched at 2.51 am on Sunday night from Satish Dhawan Launching PAD-2 of Sriharikota, but due to technical disturbances, countdowns were stopped 56 minutes 24 seconds before the due time. Now the reason has come out. In fact, the team monitoring the launch was showing the temperature and pressure unusual in the rocket from the control room. All the scientists associated with the launch vehicle, the center, the project and the mission decided to stop the countdown immediately by meeting.
ISRO's decision is now being appreciated. The scientists also congratulated that there was a mess in time and avoided the launch. Now ISRO scientists are busy preparing to launch Chandrayaan this month. However, the announcement of the new date of launch has not yet been announced.
Announced 1.55 pm twice – Hold the Countdown
Actually, countdown began at 6:51 p.m. on Sunday morning. After that, every part of the rocket was seen from the control room. All the working parameters were normalized in space center, sensor responded normal, process start normal, filling start, filling process complete, temperature normal, pressure normalization. Carnatic music was released in the slow voice in the background. In the cryogenic stage of the Bahubali rocket, 5 o'clock in the night at around 10 pm, the Liquid Oxygen Filling began. The process was completed in two hours. Liquid Hydrogen Filled up to 1:30 a.m. Meanwhile, in the control room several kilometers away from the rocket, the temperature and pressure were unusual. All the scientists associated with the launch vehicle, the center, the project and the mission decided to stop countdown immediately after meeting. The announcement was made twice at 1.55 hrs – Hold the Countdown. After this countdown stopped at 'T 56.24'. After the understanding of the seriousness of the matter in the next 20-25 minutes, the launch was postponed.
If there was a slight negligence then the explosion in the rocket could have only been on the launch pad
- ISRO has expressed happiness that the problem was caught during the time. Liquid oxygen and hydrogen were filled in the rocket. A slight negligence could have exploded in the rocket after launch pad or after flying. With this, Chandrayaan-2, destroyed with years of hard work and cost of one thousand crores rupees.
- One scientist said that it is a good decision to avoid launch on an unusual situation. There is nothing 99.9% in ISRO. Launching is done only after 100% is confirmed.
Meeting for 12 hours after countdown stopped
Before the countdown began, more than 50 scientists who went to the space center's control room came out after about 50 hours. The meeting of ISRO's Heads of Departments, which started on Sunday night after the launch was over, ended 12 hours later on Monday afternoon at 2 pm. Scientists have examined data of one-second of the announcement of the launch date of Chandrayaan-2 on June 12, as well as stop countdown. Liquid hydrogen and oxygen filled in rockets have also been successfully removed.