YouTube/CBS Evening News
- Jeff Bezos said in an interview on Monday that the US Postal Service was crucial to getting Amazon off the ground, as it provided the infrastructure that enabled the business to thrive.
- Bezos now wants to create a similar infrastructure for space travel. “It takes hundreds of millions of dollars to even just get started with something interesting,” Bezos told the “CBS Evening News.”
- But Bezos’ remarks on the US Postal Service risk angering President Donald Trump, who has repeatedly attacked Amazon’s use of the service.
- Visit BusinessInsider.com for more stories.
Amazon would not be the $995 billion company it is today without the US Postal Service, according to CEO Jeff Bezos.
In an interview with the “CBS Evening News” on Monday, Bezos said the Postal Service gave Amazon a huge helping hand from the outset, as the online retailer did not have to invest in a delivery network.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
Join the conversation about this story Â»
NOW WATCH: Why Apple’s Mac Pro ‘trash can’ was a colossal failure
- Jeff Bezos is worth over $160 billion â€” here’s how the world’s richest man makes and spends his money
- There’s a super realistic action figure of Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos, and people are confused and creeped out by it
- The 18 best perks you get with an Amazon Prime membership
SEE ALSO:Â People are urging boycotts of Amazon on one of its biggest days of sales