''The last time Papa talked, they were very happy.They And the mother insisted that I take them to the bus station comeOh Papa's birthday was about to arrive. They are Daily I would count the days and ask what will happen on my birthday. I laugh– I will celebrate well. me Yakin Not that Papa will never meet. Can not tellH How difficult is it …''
Ranjan Sharma puts it in his voice-stopping his cocked voice and spreads a dark deep sadness among us.
On July 8, Ranjan's father, Satya Prakash, wife Manju Sharma, was coming to Lucknow from Lucknow on a bus from Uttar Pradesh Transport but on Yamuna Expressway, this bus became an accident, in which 29 people died. Among those who died were Ranjan's father and his mother was admitted to the hospital at this time.
In the year 2012, when Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav inaugurated this expressway, it was said that it will be measured in two and a half hours from Agra to Delhi.
But some of the many people who came to measure this distance could never reach their destination.
According to an RTI reply, Expressway had 5000 accidents from August 2012 to January 2018 and more than 700 people died in these accidents. About 2000 people were seriously injured in these accidents.
Why are the tragedies
On this expressway, when the BBC team arrived to know why so much is being known, then there were such difficulties related to engineering that could make Road Accident more deadly.
- How much will change driving by new law
- How to stop road accidents in India
When we contacted the Yamuna Express Authority in this matter, we did not receive an email response, but the Uttar Pradesh Government Transport Minister, Independent Dev Singh told the BBC that Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath had asked JP Construction It has been instructed that if he collects tolls, then follow the rules and the laws.
JP imposes invoices for breaking the rules, the invoice amount has also been increased.
but We During this Express Way that saw, He with these claims absolutely does not match.
- There are no safety barriers given on the dividers here. If the balance of the car deteriorates then he can easily climb on the dividers.
- Whenever a car / bus is running, it has a static energy. If these vehicles collide with the things made of concrete on the expressway, then this static energy causes a strong impact.
- The accidents are mostly due to the high speed and tire bursts. But there was no way of trying to control the high speed.
One very important thing is that the shoulders of Express Way should be the rumble strap on the edges so that if a carriage goes towards the edges, then the sound can be heard due to the rumble strap and the driver can maintain time. In most accidents, the driver sleeps due to fatigue, so that the rumble strap can help save them, but surprisingly, such a rumble strap has not been given at one place.
Piyush Tiwari, chief of the Seva Life Foundation, a long-running organization working on the road safety issues, was with us on this trip.
When we asked him whether any fixed standards are followed when making the expressway, he said, "There are no fixed standards which can be implemented on expressways. The guideline that is following this time is the guideline of the Indian Road Congress, which is from the 80s. It is true that Expressway is made better in comparison to the National Highway and it is due to PPP model, foreign funding. But many very important things are being ignored in this. Such as the open cement textures, not the rumble strap. "
The 6-lane expressway did not notice any petrol train far and wide or could provide any assistance during the accident or warn the fast moving train from the speed limit or impose fines on them.
The most common reasons for the Accident
Peeyush believes that there are three main reasons for the accident on this road-
- Over Speed- In most accidents, the speed of the car is much higher than the speed of the car, in which case the tire breaks, the control becomes impossible, and the accidents happen.
- Zig Zag driving- Many times, suddenly changing the lane, driving on the wrong side and suddenly stopping the car in the middle, the fear of an accident from the trains coming back becomes stronger.
- Driver fatigue- The trucks and bus drivers are mostly tired, they set a long trip, there is one thing to keep in mind that whatever resting points are made for small cars, car drivers can take advantage of it, but they can This is not the convenience for the bigger drivers.
In view of the recent accidents, Union Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari has said that the use of silicon in tires can be made compulsory so that it can be filled with nitrogen.
Actually, nitrogen is a cooling agent, filling nitrogen in the tire, it helps to keep the tire cool. But if you can not fill nitrogen, then pay special attention to the tires' meturation.
30 year old motor Weekly Why Change the Bill
At present, the Motor Vehicle Act 1988 needs to be changed and pass the motorable Employment Bill 2017. This can help prevent the accidents. Because there are some provisions related to engineering, the most important thing is that the provisions related to the safety of the children are also given in it.
Says Piyush, "These are the most important human rights, that is, the presence of humans. He needs a petrol system. If someone is driving after drinking alcohol, then a full automation technique will not work for it, so that people will have to get help. "
"Mumbai-Pune Expressway is very good in this case, here the Mumbai Police is following the rules with the help of 120 guards. It is compulsory to wear a seat belt to the person sitting behind that expressway. With the help of technology, engineering and guards, the number of accidents has decreased by 27 percent. "
165 kilometers long expressway patrolling No
When we were traveling on this expressway, we saw that there is no preparation for any kind of emergency help. There was not even a single patrol car, which could immediately help if there was an accident. Neither can any sign board show up, so that someone caught by the victim could give accurate information about the location of this expressway spread over 165 kilometers.
Piyush says, "In this case, Mumbai-Pune Expressway is very good, here the Mumbai Police is following the rules with the help of 120 guards. It is compulsory to wear a seat belt to the person sitting behind that expressway. With the help of technology, engineering and guards, the number of accidents has decreased by 27 per cent. "
30 year old motor Weekly Need to change act
Piyush Tiwari believes that the current Motor Vehicle Act 1988 needs to be changed and the Motor Vehicle Act 2017 should be passed. This can help prevent the accidents.
But these are the most important human rights, i.e. the presence of humans. He needs a petrol system. If someone is driving after drinking alcohol, then a full automation technique will not work for it, so that people will have to get help.
What you keep Thought
- Check whether the position of the train is favorable before going on any long journey. Most people keep the carriages beautiful but do not pay attention to caring for their engine tires, but the tires are okay or not they should be seen first.
- All the people sitting in the car seat seat belts. The experts believe that if a person does not put a seat belt, then he can cause death of everyone. Because in the case of an accident, he works like a stone and can hurt people sitting there.
- Take care that there should be a gap of 3 seconds between the car that runs forward. Fast speed trains take a long time to stop after the break.
- On the expressway the shoulder area is given to stop the trains. Do not go on it by mistake and do not use it to overtake.
What can the government do
- Experts believe that the standard of engineering in our country is extremely poor. This will improve after the introduction of the new motor-electric amendment bill. In fact, whenever we create something, we believe that if a certain percentage of the human error is to happen then all the focus should be on how to deal with that situation.
- A summary audit of the existing road should be seen in which the differences in the median, the condition of the road, the open textures made of concrete, then cover it.
- Sometimes the less information about the rules also becomes the reason for the accident. In such cases, the drivers need to be given the necessary training so that they have information related to lane, speed.
- Knowledgeable that road safety is a multi agency issue, license belongs to the Department of Transportation, under the infraction police, the engineering work of roads comes under five to seven departments, it is a case of Trauma Care Health Department. It is very important to establish an authority to bring all these departments together. Countries that have decreased the number of accidents from the US to Sri Lanka have such an authority that has good staff and also has the powers to make decisions.
According to a report, 400 people die in Road Accident every day in India. Like Ranjan, many people lose their lives in a moment, this is the time when the government and the people should work together to stop it.
(For BBC Android's Android app you Click here can do. You us Facebook, Twitter, Instagram And YoutubeBut also can follow.)