- From the room of Thavarchand Gehlot, it was working on a strategy to change Kashmir.
- Amit Shah had kept the command, the solicitor general and the Law Minister were sending the legal briefs to the BJP and the government speakers in the house through chit
- Prior to this, the floor management group of ministers was formed to gather data in the Rajya Sabha, but they did not even know the real issue.
Aug 06, 2019, 09:34 AM IST
New Delhi (Santosh Kumar) On 70th of Independence, on Monday, Kashmir also got freedom from double constitution and laws. In Jammu and Kashmir, there was no constraint in the strategy to neutralize Article 370, for which the government had made a very good preparation. In the Rajya Sabha, the amended work list was released in the last minute to present the bill. But, around half an hour before the proceedings of the House, Solicitor General Tushar Mehta had reached the house of Thavarchand Gehlot, the leader of the house in Rajya Sabha.
Gehlot's room was made a warroom. Home Minister Amit Shah had held the command here. From here on, the legal nuances were sending Tushar Mehta to the speakers in the House, through the chit to the speakers who kept the party side and the government side. Law Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad, Railway Minister Piyush Goyal, Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs Arjunram Meghwal and MP Bhupendra Yadav were in the running.
Shah did the same in the lunchroom
When Mehta and Prasad were watching the legal side, Goyal, Yadav and Meghwal were involved in the floor management. Work on the strategy of resignation of opposition party MPs was also going on. During the debate on the bill, the Shah reached the Warroom four times. Going back to the House by taking small meetings. Shah also did the lunch here too.
Amit Shah created strategy at two levels
- The BJP has been working on a strategy to remove Article 370 from Jammu and Kashmir for a long time. When the Modi government was formed in the center with a majority of more than 2014, the Prime Minister had spoken to the then Home Minister Rajnath Singh about nine-and-a-half hours in Kashmir for a new strategy to do something new in Kashmir on the day of the swearing. Then there was a plan to bring this bill for shuffle in Article 370 in February this year, but due to the Pulwama attack it had to be avoided.
- After the election, Shah became the Home Minister, then it was decided that the legal and political aspects of the removal of 370 will be made a blueprint. This work started on July 26, when the government decided to extend the tenure of the current session of parliament to 10 days. Shah executed the strategy at two levels. Discussed the first-legal aspects with the solicitor general and the law minister. Secondly, the decision of the bill in this session before the assembly elections.
Ministers did not even notice this change
Looking at Amit Shah, what legal options can be seen in the wake of legal aspects. In order to gather data in the Rajya Sabha, the floor management group was formed, including Parliamentary Affairs Minister Prahlad Joshi, Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs V. Muralidharan, Railway Minister Piyush Goyal, Petroleum Minister Dharmendra Pradhan and BJP National General Secretary Bhupendra Yadav. These ministers were not even told that they have to raise support for the bill. The parties he was talking to were just to say that it is necessary for the country to come to the bill. Even for the BJP MPs, the whip of the three-line was issued wholly by the Parliament session.