new Delhi : India has created history by transporting Vikram lander (vikram lander) under Chandrayaan-2 mission (chandrayaan 2) to the south pole of the moon. However, contact with scientists of the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) broke from him about 2.1 km above the lunar surface.
Now scientists are analyzing his data. Even though Vikram Lander has lost contact with scientists, the Chandrayaan-2 orbiter on the moon's orbit will do research on the moon for a full year and remove the curtain from its secrets. PM Modi also mentioned this in his address on Saturday. For this, it has very powerful tools.
Something like orbiter
Chandrayaan-2 orbiter weighs 2,379 kg. It is 3.2 * 5.8 * 2.1 meters large. Its mission life is 1 year. This orbiter has to play an important role in the entire Chandrayaan-2 mission. Through this, contact is to be made between Vikram Lander, Pragyan Rover and ISRO scientists on earth. It will be present on the moon's orbit.
Watch LIVE TV
This will send the information received from the lander Vikram and Rover Prajna on the lunar surface to the scientists on earth. However, contact with Vikram Lander has been lost. But ISRO scientists have not predicted a crash. He says that his data is being analyzed. 95 percent of Chandrayaan-2 mission payload is working. Meaning all the instruments of the orbiter are working smoothly.
Orbiter will research with 8 instruments
1. Chandrayaan-2 orbiter has 8 instruments to research the moon from the moon's orbit. There is a Terrain Mapping Camera-2 to create a digital model of the moon.
2. It has a Chandrayaan-2 large area soft X-ray spectrometer (CLAS) to examine the elements present on the lunar surface.
3. There is a solar X-ray monitor to provide solar X-ray spectrum input to the class.
4. It has an imaging IR spectrometer to detect the presence of water on the moon and research on the minerals there.
5. It has dual frequency synthetic aperture radar for mapping the poles of the moon and detecting frozen ice under the surface.
6. It has lunar atmospheric composition explorer-2 for research on the lunar surface.
7. This high restography mapping will be done through the Orbiter High Resolution Camera.
8. There is a dual frequency radio device to examine the lower layer of the moon's atmosphere.