Let's know how he built a company of 25 thousand crores in 11 years …
(1) Have failed twice- Punjab-born Deepinder Goyal's parents were both teachers. Deepinder failed in the sixth class. He failed in XI also. After this, he started paying serious attention to studies and cracked the IIT exam for the first time.
Punjab-born Deepinder Goyal's parents were both teachers. Deepinder failed in the sixth class. (File photo)
(2) This is how it started- After graduating from IIT Delhi, Deepinder started a job in management consulting company Ben & Company in the year 2006. Meanwhile, the idea of a start-up came up. He started a food start-up.
>> In 2007, no start-up related to food delivery was working in the said market. Deepinder's first start-up failed.
Read this too- I used to sell milk, this person is the owner of a bank of 54000 crores today!
>> After this, along with one of his friends from IIT, Pankaj Chaddha, he started picking up menus of restaurants and scanning and uploading numbers.
Zomato started in the year 2008.
>> His startup named Foodbee got a little bit, got a notice from eBay about the name. After this, both of them changed the name of Foodbee to Jomato. This is how Jomato started in the year 2008.
>> Let us tell you that at present, the value of his company has been around Rs 25920 crore.
(3) Leaving job and doing business was not easy- It was not easy for him to take the decision to leave his job with a good package and work for himself. He says that it took a lot of time to convince the parents for their business. His parents were not happy at first.
It was not easy for him to take the decision to leave his job with a good package and work for himself. (File photo)
>> But his wife always stood together. Kanchan likes to stay away from limelight. When the husband feels her need in the startup, she gives full support. He is a mathematics professor at Delhi University.
Also read – Dubai's Dhankuber wants to invest 35 thousand crores in India!
(4) Love your team a lot- Deepinder takes great care of his team. They also try a lot to keep them together. He is very protective of his team.
Deepinder is punctual
>> He believes that salary is necessary to keep people together, but if he shares his vision with the team and considers them to be an important part of the company, no one will ever leave him and go to the competitor.
(5) Deepinder is punctualOften, they meet in their office at 8.30 in the morning. The person who comes late in the meeting has to pay a fine and with this money there is a party in the office.
>> These days, Deepinder has been in a lot of discussion on social media. Due to his sense of humor, some people ask whether he runs his Twitter account on his own or has someone hired for it.
Also read: The Tangwale came to India leaving Pakistan, today he is the owner of crores!