– No license, insurance, PUC, RC book? Pay Rs. 500 fine for the first time offense while Rs. 1,000 for second time offense instead of Rs. 100 fine flat at present and Rs. 500 for the first time and Rs. 1500 maximum penalty for the second time directed by the Centre under Motor Vehicle Act (2019). It’s worth noting that documents in electronic form will be valid. If documents are not in possession, they can be produced in 15 days.
-Parking in a manner that create obstruction for others and dark film over glasses of vehicle will attract same fine (first time and second time) as mentioned above, so as penalty for using mobile phone while driving.
– Not wearing helmet will attract Rs. 500 fine flat for rider while pillion rider is exempted from wearing helmet. So if rider and pillion both are without helmet, fine will be collected for one person(rider) only.
– If you fail to tie a seat belt (only front seat and driver seat covered), it will attract Rs. 500 fine flat instead of Rs. 100 at present and Rs. 1000 maximum directed by the Centre.
– Triple savari (three or more persons riding on two-wheeler) will attract Rs. 100 fine instead of Rs. 1,000 directed by the Centre. Existing fine for triple savari is same Rs. 100. However Chief Minister in his press conference today said that three family members (parents and child) riding on 2 – wheelers will not be fined for this offense.
– Dangerous driving including wrong-side driving will attract Rs. 1500 fine for three wheeler, Rs. 3000 for LMV(including cars) and Rs. 5,000 for other vehicles flat against present fine of Rs. 1,000 and Centre directed fine of Rs. 5,000 for first time and Rs. 10,000 for second time.
– Over speeding will attract Rs. 1500 fine in case of 2-3 wheeler and tractors, Rs. 2,000 for LMV and Rs. 4000 in case of other vehicles for first time offense. Fine for second time offense will be Rs. 2000 for 2-3 wheeler and tractors, Rs. 3000 for LMV and in case of other vehicles, license will be invalidated.
– Driving without driving license will attract Rs. 2000 fine in case of 2-wheelers, and Rs. 3000 fine for 3-4 wheeler and beyond.
– Driving a vehicle without registration will invite Rs. 1,000 fine for 2 wheeler, Rs. 2000 fine for 3-wheelers, Rs. 3000 fine for 4-wheelers and Rs. 5000 fine for others. The Centre had directed Rs. 5000 fine for first time and Rs. 10,000 for second time violation.
– Driving without fitness will attract Rs. 500 fine for 3-wheelers and Rs. 5,000 fine for 4-wheelers and beyond flat. Centre had proposed Rs. 5000 for first time violation and Rs. 10,000 for second time. Present fine is Rs. 5,000 flat.
– Driving without third party insurance will attract Rs. 2,000 fine for the first time and Rs. 4,000 for second time violation.
– Driving polluting vehicle will attract Rs. 1000 fine for 2 wheeler and LMV and Rs. 3000 fine for others. Present fine is Rs. 1000 flat. Centre had directed Rs. 10,000 fine maximum.
– Noise polluting vehicle will attract Rs. 1,000 fine against present Rs. 100 fine.
– Race or speed trial in public place will attract Rs. 5,000 fine for first time and Rs. 10,000 for second time.
– If you fail to give side to ambulance, fire vehicle or such vehicles on emergency duty, you will be liable to pay Rs. 1000 fine against Rs. 100 at present and Rs. 10,000 maximum directed by the Centre.
More on: https://www.deshgujarat.com/2019/09/10/live-gujarat-cm-announces-motor-vehicle-amendment-act-2019-implementation-in-gujarat/