new Delhi . In Delhi-NCR, if you are leaving from home today to go to work, then be careful. You may be late to reach office today. You will neither get a cab nor auto today. In fact, the All India Transporters Association has called a strike today to protest against the heavy invoices regarding the new Motor Vehicle Act. Let's know 10 things about this strike.
1. Public vehicles will not run in Delhi-NCR today. 51 organizations have announced their participation in the strike.
2. School buses and cabs are also involved in this strike. Due to which many schools are also closed today. School bus and school cab operators have also announced to join the strike. No announcement has been made by the Delhi Government or any other authority regarding government schools. The strike will be from 6 am to 10 pm.
3. Many schools sent a message to parents informing them that it has been decided to keep the school closed due to the strike. Apart from Delhi, the holiday has been declared in schools in Ghaziabad, Gurugram (Gurgaon) and Noida coming to NCR. .
4. Today, the service of Auto, Ola and Uber is also affected.
5. Around 25 thousand trucks, 35 thousand autos, 50 thousand taxis and cabs are involved in the strike.
6. In the capital Delhi, challans are being deducted according to the increased prices, for which the United Front of Transport Association has called a one-day strike. The strike has affected the common people a lot. Private cabs, autos, buses, tourist buses and taxi services will be affected from 6 am on Thursday during the strike.
7. In fact, after the change in the new traffic regulations from 1 September, today the Transport has called the strike. The government has imposed a fine of lakhs of rupees for breaking traffic rules.
8. Under the new rule there is a provision of fine of 1000 rupees for non-seat belt, 5000 rupees on red light jump. At the same time, there is a provision of 6 months in jail and a fine of up to Rs 10,000 for the first offense on driving a drunk.
9. The strike is going to affect the Delhi-NCR metro. The metro may be overcrowded. According to transporters' claim, it would be difficult for people to go to their offices if the contract carriage buses did not run.
10. More than 90 thousand autos and about 10 thousand black-yellow taxis run in Delhi. They have also stopped service due to the strike today. Auto-taxi major unions have come out in support of this strike and it has to be seen how the appeal of these unions is affected. Delhi Auto Rickshaw Union General Secretary Rajendra Soni and All Delhi Auto Taxi Transport Congress Union President Kishan Verma say that auto-taxi unions and airport unions of all railway stations in Delhi will also join the strike.
Looking for life partner? Register on India Matrimony – Free Registration!