Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren has withdrawn the case against people involved in the Pathalgadi movement in 2017-2018 in the first meeting of the cabinet on Sunday itself.
During the tenure of Raghubar Das, an attempt was made to relax Chhotanagpur and Santhal Parganas tenancy laws and a huge protest started.
In this case too, a case was registered against the protesters. Hemant Soren has decided to withdraw these cases in the cabinet meeting.
In the Pathalgadi movement, the tribals had inscribed the rights granted to the tribals in the Fifth Schedule of the Constitution on big stones and put them on the ground.
This movement had become very violent. During this time there was a fierce struggle between the police and the tribals and the fire of the movement went on spreading.
The government had registered criminal cases against those actively involved in the movement.
In these cases, a case was registered against many named people under sections 121 A and 124 A of the Indian Penal Law.
The information and public relations department of Jharkhand has given information about these decisions in the meeting of Hemant Soren cabinet.
Apart from this, the cabinet has instructed to take action by organizing camps to complete all the pending payments related to contract workers, Anganwadi workers, assistants, pensioners of various categories, all types of scholarships and mercury teachers.
It was decided to appoint judicial officers in each district for fast filling the vacancies in different departments in the state government and setting up fast track courts in each district for sexual harassment and other crimes.
Jharkhand Mukti Morcha-Rashtriya Janata Dal-Congress alliance has 47 MLAs in the Jharkhand Legislative Assembly with 81 members.
Seven important decisions of Hemant Soren government
- There will be back cases against people involved in the Pathalgadi movement.
- Trials filed during the protests in an attempt to change the tenancy law will also be returned.
- Instructions for early payment of all pending payments related to contract workers, Anganwadi workers, assistants, pensioners, scholarships of all kinds and mercury teachers.
- Instructions to fill vacant government posts in the state.
- The decision to appoint judicial officers was made by setting up fast track courts in every district regarding sexual harassment and other crimes.
- The first session of the fifth Jharkhand Assembly was approved from 06 January 2020 to 08 January 2020 in the meeting of the Council of Ministers.
- Stephen Marandi was made the Protem Speaker.
(BBC Hindi's Android App for you Click here can do. You us Facebook, Twitter, Instagram And Youtube You can also follow)