Health insurance Experts Call for More Information @ 8437009951
5 Reasons Why You Must Have Health Insurance.
Buying an insurance policy helps one be financially prepared against health risks
Here are the five major reasons for getting a health insurance:
1. Changing lifestyle: There are a plethora of reasons to have a health insurance policy in place. The tectonic shift in our lifestyle has made us more prone to a wide range of health disorders. Commuting, hectic work schedules, wrong eating habits, quality of food, and rising levels of pollution have increased the risk of developing health problems.
2. Rising medical costs: The medical costs have dramatically risen lately. So, in case of a medical emergency, consumers end up spending their savings, which takes a toll on their future plans. Reports highlight that Indians primarily depend on their own savings when it comes to tackling health emergencies.
3. Income tax benefit: Payments made towards health insurance premiums are also eligible for tax deductions under section 80D of the Indian Income Tax Act. Individuals up to 60 years of age can claim a deduction of up to Rs 25,000 for the health insurance premium paid for themselves, or for their spouse or children. One can also claim another Rs 50,000 as deduction if you buy health insurance for your parents aged 60 years and above.
This deduction will be available with respect of payments towards annual premium on health insurance policy, or preventive health check-up, of a senior citizen, or medical expenditure in respect of every senior citizen. So overall, if you are paying the health insurance premiums for your senior citizen parents, you can avail total deduction up to Rs. 75,000 (Rs. 25,000 + Rs. 50,000), from the Rs. 55,000 (Rs. 25,000 + Rs. 30,000) earlier.
4. Coverage of pre and post hospitalisation expenses: Not only mainstream medical costs, but also the cost of OPD (out-patient department) expenses, diagnostic tests have also risen in recent times which have made it even more vital for one to buy a health insurance policy. It is noteworthy that the medical policies not only cover the hospitalisation costs but also the expenses incurred towards OPD and diagnostic tests before and after a stipulated time period as prescribed by the policy.
5. Additional benefits: One also gets benefits such as ambulance coverage, coverage for day-care surgeries, coverage for health check-up and vaccination expenses under health insurance. These days’ insurance companies also offer health insurance for Ayush treatment.
Right Age to Buy Health Insurance
There is a common dilemma among people about the right age to buy a health insurance policy. However, there’s no right age to buy one. But, if one buys health insurance policy at an early age, one will have to pay less for the policy. Premiums for a health policy increase with one’s age; that’s because the associated risk increases. Premiums for health plans are determined by the age, medical history, city of residence, etc. of the insured. So, if you buy a health plan early it will help you save on the premiums you will pay.