102.5 WIOG is hosting the second annual Covenant Kids Radiothon to raise funds in support of local pediatric patients at Covenant HealthCare.
The Radiothon will air live on 102.5 WIOG from 6 a.m. until 6 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 13, and Friday, Feb. 14. Hear life-changing stories from Covenant Kids and their families as WIOG raises awareness and funds during this special two-day event. The Covenant Kids Radiothon is presented by Jolt Credit Union and Mike Young GMC of Frankenmuth.
Why Covenant Kids? Covenant is the region’s Children’s Hospital, in providing health care to children through the following services and more:
• Level III Regional Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (RNICU) offering the highest level of critical care for neonatal infants.
• The only Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) serving mid-Michigan and the northern lower Michigan region designed to care for critically ill infants and children through the age of 17.
• ACS-Verified Pediatric Trauma Center — one of only seven in Michigan verified to care for the whole family in an emergency.
• Region’s only Child Life program.
• Community-based urgent care through MedExpress.
• Extensive clinical programs for children (autism, diabetes, rehabilitation, cardiology, and more).
People can participate by listening to 102.5 FM, calling 1-855-475-5437 during the Radiothon to donate and visiting WIOG.com to find out how to help.
Diagnosing sight issues early in premature infants. Easing the anxiety of a child during an MRI. Educating a preteen and her family about how to deal with diabetes. Giving a voice to adolescents with speech limitations. These moments are happening to kids across the region because of Covenant Kids and the businesses, organizations and individuals who support it. Every penny of every gift donated to the Covenant Kids Fund with the Covenant HealthCare Foundation goes directly to support medical programs and equipment for our region’s tiniest patients.
For more information, visit www.CovenantKidsMI.com or www.WIOG.com. To get involved with Covenant Kids, call Karen Luplow at 989-583-4166.